There is no way to get list of Twitter followers of public Twitter accounts natively. Furthermore, Twitter has also removed the Audience Insights section from native Twitter analytics. Fortunately, it does provide a timeline of new followers gained, but there are not many insights you can get from it.
So how do I get list of Twitter followers? How do to know which followers are most active? Which followers tweet the most? Which influencers follow you?
If you have a few hundred or a couple of thousand followers, it is possible to manually create your Twitter follower list. But it’s not the same for everyone. Major brands, influencers, and known figures have thousands if not millions of followers. Manually build their Twitter follower list will be time-consuming and tedious.
In this article, we will discuss how to get a list of Twitter followers of any public Twitter account. Let’s dive in.
Get list of Twitter followers from the official desktop website
- Go to www.Twitter.com and Log in.
- Locate and click on ‘More’ in the menu.
- Now click on ‘Settings and privacy’.
- Next, click on ‘Your account’.
- Click on ‘Download an archive of your data’.
- Enter your password to start the process.
Get list of Twitter followers from the official mobile application
- Open the Twitter app and Log in.
- Now click on your profile picture to open the menu.
- Click on ‘Settings and privacy’ and then on ‘Account’.
- Now locate ‘Your Twitter data’.
- Now click on ‘Download archive’ and enter your password.
Get list of Twitter followers with Twitter API
If you are a developer or have the resources and time, you can also take advantage of the Twitter API to extract information directly from Twitter. You can get the list of Twitter followers that follow your account. You can also use the Twitter API to get the followers list of other public Twitter accounts.
Get list of Twitter followers of any public Twitter account with FollowersAnalysis
Now, suppose you want the followers list of any other public Twitter account, but you are not a developer, neither do you have the time and resources to compensate for it. How would you get the required information?
Keeping such circumstances in mind, we have developed an effective third-party Twitter analytics tool called FollowersAnalysis. It can help you easily get access to the followers list of any public Twitter account. Furthermore, it also analyzes your followers and provides comprehensive analytics reports. The same goes for the people you follow as well.
While the native download options do provide access to the followers list, they are nowhere close to the number of analytics insights that FollowersAnalysis provides. These insights can help you make data-driven decisions that can develop effective strategies to boost your social media presence.
Here’s how to get list of Twitter followers with FollowersAnalysis:
- Go to www.FollowersAnalysis.com.
- Log in or create an account on the platform.
- Enter the Twitter handle of the targeted account.
- Click ‘Add to cart’, then ‘View cart’ to place your order.
- The reports will start generating as soon as the payment is confirmed.
- Click on ‘My Reports’ to access your requested reports.
The information available in the Twitters followers list
Here is an overview of the information you get with the Twitter followers list which is in raw CSV format:
- User Id: Unique IDs of the Twitter accounts
- Name: Names of the Twitter accounts
- Username: Usernames of the Twitter accounts
- Twitter Joined Date (UTC): Date of Twitter account creation
- Verified or Non-verified: Is the Twitter account verified or not
- Bio: Twitter bio of each account
- Location: Location mentioned in the Twitter account
- Website: URLs of websites if mentioned by the Twitter users
- Tweets Count: Total number of tweets posted by the Twitter account
- Following Count: Number of Following of the Twitter account
- Followers Count: Number of Followers of the Twitter account
- Lists Count: Number of lists the Twitter account is added in by other users
- Likes Count: Number of tweets that are liked by the Twitter account
- Profile URL: Twitter account’s URL
- Profile Picture URL: URL of profile picture
- Protected or Non-protected: If the account is protected or not
- Last Tweet Date (UTC): Date and time of the last tweet posted
You also get access to comprehensive analytical reports that analyze the targeted Twitter account’s followers, following, and the most recent 3200 tweets. You can use these insights to know more about your target audience, what content they like, the best time to post tweets for maximum engagement, and more.
How to use the Analytical Insights
Get comprehensive audience insights
By downloading your Twitter list, you can learn a lot about the demographics of your target audience. You can easily obtain information such as age, location, bio, and preferred language. This can assist you in developing more targeted content for specific target audience groups, such as genders or age groups.
Analyze the quality of your follower base
When it comes to evaluating the quality of your follower base, the information you can obtain by downloading the list of followers is invaluable. You can identify the followers who engage the most with your content and engage with them in building a trusting relationship. You can also find and remove inactive ghost followers to boost your engagement rate.
Identify resonating content
The analytical reports also include an analysis of your most recent 3200 tweets which includes tweets, retweets, and replies. You can use this to find the tweets that have the most engagement. Use them to identify content topics that users are interested in and build an engaging content strategy.
Identify the best time to post tweets
Twitter, as a social media network that moves at a breakneck pace and enables you to reach a large audience quickly. A tweet, on the other hand, has a life expectancy of 15 to 20 minutes. Tweets that aren’t sent while users are online are pushed to the bottom of their timeline. You can optimize your posting time for maximum engagement by analyzing the performance of your previous tweets and follower interactions.
Influencer marketing is the most effective way of boosting your social media presence. Hence, it is also the most utilized paid marketing channel today. The analytical reports can help you spot influencers that follow and engage with your account. You can then analyze their account to choose the right advocate for your brand.
Analyze your competitors
You may learn a lot about your competitors’ social media strategies by looking at their list of Twitter followers. You’ll be able to examine the habits of your target market and come up with tactics that can help you grow your business. To expand your brand, you can use similar or enhanced tactics.
Follower insights are critical in formulating a brand expansion strategy on social media. FollowersAnalysis is a powerful tool that makes it simple to examine your Twitter following and uncover valuable information.