According to Social media statistics approximately 500 million tweets are posted in a day, that is 9281 tweets per second! But the question is, How are you going to cut through this traffic to get more Twitter engagement and clicks on your timeline?
Well, one of the important factors in getting maximum clicks and engagement is the best time to post. Publishing wisely while your audience is online is a witty way to boost your brand’s presence. However, finding the best time to tweet can be tricky and not possible without third-party tools like FollowerAnalysis.
So in this blog, we shall go through how you can find the best time to post on Twitter by using:
- Real-time tweeting pattern.
- General popular timings.
- Use of Twitter Monitoring Tools to find the best time to Tweet.
Why should you post at the right time?
Social media algorithms prefer recency, as people care about what’s new. Because Twitter allows people to switch their feeds from “Top-ranked tweets’’ to “Latest post tweets” with a click. Therefore if you know the best time to tweet you have already won half the race. So posting when your followers are online is the easiest way to work with. You need to put your tweets in front of your target audience when they are the most active on Twitter. Posting during the best times increases the engagement rate, and your followers are more likely to like, comment, and retweet your tweets.
Let’s jump on to find out the best time to post on Twitter that will help you achieve your Twitter marketing goals faster.
How to find your Best Time to Post on Twitter?
To strengthen your Twitter marketing strategy, it is necessary to know your best time to post on Twitter completely depends upon your audience and their active times on the platform.
- Twitter Analytics – Twitter Analytics is a statistics dashboard that monitors and analyzes the performance of your Twitter account. It can provide insights that help you develop an effective marketing strategy, from finding your most dedicated followers to posting tweets at the optimal time of day. Like every other social media platform, Twitter has a native analytics platform that monitors and analyzes the performance and impact of your marketing moves.
To access native Twitter analytics simply log in to your Twitter profile. Now locate the menu on the left side of the screen, click ‘More’, and click ‘Analytics’ to access your profile analytics.
Twitter Analytics helps to access valuable insights about your target audience that you can leverage to enhance your marketing strategy. The only drawback is that it doesn’t provide insights into your competitors. However, you can use third-party tools like FollowersAnalysis to analyze the followers of your competitors along with their tweets.
Use Twitter monitoring Tools to find the best time to Tweet-
FollowersAnalysis is an excellent analytics tool that can help you monitor Twitter data into functional metrics. FollowersAnalysis gives a structured analytical report for your tweets, followers, and following. Metrics that you should give special attention to:
- Best time to tweet: This metric will tell you when most of your followers are online. So, if you tweet at that time your tweets will get viewed by more audiences. This will increase your tweet engagements.
- Most Retweeted tweets: This metric will provide the tweets that received the most retweets, allowing you to assess the kind of content that the audience found to be most engaging. Your content’s quality will improve as a result.
- Most Liked tweets: It will show you those tweets which have gotten maximum likes. It will also help you figure out the type of content your audience likes. Now, you can customize your tweet likewise.
The best time to post on each social media platform varies. It’s advisable to review your analytics to find out when your followers are the most active because their habits could differ from those of the typical Twitter user. By combining Twitter Analytics with tools like FollowersAnalysis, you can determine when most of your Twitter followers are online.
- Analyze your competitors and Influencer’s posting times on Twitter-
One of the easiest ways to know the perfect time for posting is to spy on your competitors to make your strategy, albeit through ethical means.
- First and foremost, you need to know who your competitors are. Do research
- Perform a social media competitive analysis with the help of FollowerAnalysis to analyze your competitors activity without even notifying them.
- Get detailed analytics of your competitors timeline to analyze their best time to post to make your own strategy.
It is very important to pick a competitor against whom you want to benchmark your performance. Dig into your competitors’ activity and how they are performing on social media platforms and target their targeted audience.
Average Best Time to Post on Twitter
Based on the multiple social media campaigns the best time to post on Twitter are:
- According to HowSociable 9-10 am is the best time, and Friday is the best day to post.
- G2 learning hub also favors 9 am to 4 pm time during weekdays, with Friday showing the most engagement at 3 pm.
- Trackmaven favors Thursday as the best day to post on Twitter.
- Hubspot suggests the best time is between 8-10 am and 6-9 pm to share your content.
- Metricool claims its best time is between 3 to 4 pm.
Note: All the above times are in PST.
By the data we can say that it is always best to post your tweets during the:
- Office hours when people travel to work early morning or during the windup.
- It is also effective to tweet during lunch hours.
- Weekends are not the best days to post on Twitter. So it is important to schedule your post for the weekdays only.
What is the Best Time to Post on Twitter for engagement?
The tweet ranking algorithm depends on the engagement of the tweet. Twitter provides 4 features for its audience to engage with them.
But it can be demotivating when you can’t get your audience to connect with you.
Here are some fascinating observations from the average most popular times:
- Twitter draws the most engagement during early mornings and late evenings.
- On average tweets posted between 2-3 pm receive the most engagements.
- The least amount of engagement happens during work hours i.e 9-5 pm
4 Strategies to find The Best Time to Post on Twitter
1. Focus on Your Business Type
The best time to post or tweet depends upon the type of business you have. If it’s a B2B business the best time to post would be weekdays during the standard working hours. That is 9 pm-4 pm. Thursdays are the best, particularly during lunchtime from 11 am to 1 pm.
If you have a B2C business the best time to post is during lunchtime that is 12 pm-1pm as consumers can do their shopping and product research during off-hours or days which are weekends.
2. Learn About Your Audience
When you are finding the best time to post or tweet it is important to know about an average day for your audience like when they would browse their twitter feeds. Study your target audience and think about their habits and daily schedules and utilize that information to help your Twitter posting strategy.
3. Keep A Track of Engagement And Interactions
One of the best ways to find the best time to post is to keep a track of engagement and interactions. Monitor when your most engaging tweets were posted to find the best times for future posts, find out the pattern and then follow it to post in the future.
4. Tweet Consistently
On average, the life of a tweet is just 18 minutes, so it is inevitable to tweet consistently. You need to post your content quite often to remain in the eyes of your followers. If you find it difficult to post multiple times in a day, you can use a social media management tool to schedule your tweets in advance.
With the new updating algorithms, it is very important to know your timings. Posting during peak hours will help you to engage with your audience and eventually level up your brand’s image.
Take ideas from general popular times and use Twitter marketing tools like FollowerAnalysis to find your best time. Do give it a try!